Here are some ways that I improve my well-being and add a little more peace into my life:
- Get Some Nature ~ I love taking my dog for long walks either to parks or on nearby forest or field trails. We try to take the quietest and least trafficked walking route to get to these trails. I try to stay away from having an agenda, which makes for a lovely and freeing time; we stop to smell the flowers, take in the views, and hear the birds (or the peaceful silence!). The vitamin D from the sun does wonders for your mood as well.
- Grounding ~ When I’m outside, I try to get in a few minutes of grounding my bare feet to the natural earth, preferably dirt, grass or sand. By grounding your feet into the earth, the earth’s electrons are conducted to your body. This brings it to the same electrical potential as the earth, which science is beginning to show is highly beneficial to our health. It also can be an opportunity to meditate on how the earth and its energy feel on your bare skin!
- Eat More Plants ~ When I eat a meal that consists mostly of plants, I feel lighter and more satisfied. The saying “you are what you eat” couldn’t be more true; your bodies cells regenerate every so often and if you want them to run at their full potential, you need to be giving them the delicious and clean fuel that helps them run. If you eat cheeseburgers and fries all the time, you can expect your body and mood to act in a way that reflects that.
- Create ~ Whether it’s painting, wood working, writing, playing music, etc., it is such a wonderful feeling to create something. Being creative is a great stress reliever, and keeps your brain young by using parts of it that may oftentimes lay fairly dormant in our day to day working lives.
- Spend Time with Loved Ones ~ Having a clan (as I like to say) is a great way to relieve stress. Laughing is shown to decrease stress hormones and boost immune cells and cells that fight infections. It also releases endorphins, which are chemicals that not only make us happy, but they improve our overall sense of well-being and can relieve pain temporarily. So laugh away!!
What are things that you do to bring more peace and well-being into your life? Feel free to share below!